- Introducing the Web Viewer Integrations Library
- Data Structure of the Web Viewer Integrations Library
- Getting to Know the Web Viewer Integrations Library
- Playing with a Web Viewer Integration
- Implementing a Web Viewer Integration
DevCon 2017 Session
Jeremy Brown has an upcoming session at DevCon this year as well, where he will go into more depth on this topic.
Web Viewer Integrations Presentation Description
In this session, you’ll explore a standard way to integrate common web libraries, including setting up an integration in FileMaker, manipulating it, and gathering data using some of the new functions of FileMaker 16. Discover best practices that are used to make this as easy as possible to set up deeper functionality.
New FileMaker 16 Functions
Also, Anders Monsen has a DevCon 2017 session on JSON that may be of interest as well.
Leveraging JSON in Your Custom Apps
JSON is a data language that’s becoming increasingly popular in the tech world and you can integrate JSON with FileMaker for your data interchanging needs.
In this session, you’ll learn the various ways in which to leverage JSON in your custom apps. Take real world examples and investigate integration capabilities by contrasting FileMaker 15 (without plugins and 3rd party tools) and FileMaker 16 (using 16’s new JSON functions), including approaches for dealing with improperly formatted JSON. Recommended Background.
Each of these has been updated for FileMaker 16.
Since storing as an image in a container field allows for clean printing in all platforms that FileMaker supports, this is a preferred way to generate and store barcodes. You don’t need to install anything on client machines, like 3rd party plugins or maintained fonts.
- Github Project used here.
Some barcode types may have requirements on the values they can represent. For example, your EAN type must be a 13 digit number. Check the documentation for the barcode type you use before implementing this in your solution.
FileMaker 16 also added better support for Windows versions where long URLs are not supported and may fail. Note that this uses the user clipboard to transfer data from the web viewer to a field.
You can easily adapt this to your solutions as needed. There are minimal fields involved, and a couple scripts that drive the solution.
To run the demo:
- Modify the object you want to reference in the field provided. Note that arrays start at zero (0).
- Click the “Get Object” button.
- View the results.
To run the demo:
- Check the boxes to select the sheets to include in your Worksheet.
- Click the “Save as Excel” button.
- View the results. If “Automatically Open” was checked, a copy is exported to the desktop and launched.
Please view the licensing information for each piece.
The source URL referenced on the Stack Overflow page no longer works; use the XML Validator instead.