Popular FileMaker Videos on Soliant TV
Our team are fairly prolific bloggers and along with some great written content they've posted videos as well. We've pulled together a few here from some of Soliant's best posts.
Learn about FileMaker and other technologies and please subscribe to our YouTube channel for more.
May 2, 2017
- We’re excited to launch our newest FileMaker service, Soliant.cloud, an end-to-end comprehensive hosting service leveraging expertise from certified professionals.
July 1, 2016
- Run your own installation of FileMaker Server 15, with options including Amazon Web Services for easy access. We show some creative uses of infrastructure available with AWS and FileMaker Server.
January 29, 2016
- In this video, Martha Zink shows how FileMaker Pro developers can help users enter data efficiently. See how using placeholders can allow a user to move within a pre-populated notes field.
May 12, 2015
- Learn how to use the Test Data Generator tool to create realistic sample data for your FileMaker solutions. Read the blog post...
May 1, 2015
- This video discusses a scalable method to add multiple types of container data to a FileMaker database. Martha uses popovers, script parameters, and related records to create a new child record.
March 30, 2015
- The introduction of FileMaker 13 gave us a tremendous amount of new user interface functionality. One example of this is the venerable Hamburger Menu (a.k.a., Sidebar; a.k.a., Drawer). Regardless of how you feel about this widget, this example is meant to demonstrate a technique that you can use how you wish in your own solutions. The ultimate implementation is up to you.
January 29, 2015
- As of the FileMaker Server 13.0v2 update, the ability to pass in parameters via a URL has been removed due to unspecified security concerns. Despite this omission, it seems a reasonable expectation to be able to pass parameters to a web app in order to do something. Some have referred to this functionality as "Deep Linking." Mike Duncan demonstrates how to bring this ability back to WebDirect.
January 8, 2015
December 13, 2013
- Mislav Kos explains how to use Query Builder, a FileMaker tool he created to help write ExecuteSQL expressions. The tool does not rely on a wizard; queries are typed out manually. Key features include automated formatting of queries, assisted troubleshooting, and easier table and field name abstraction.