SimpleFM is a lightweight PHP package that uses the FileMaker Server XML API (commonly referred to as Custom Web Publishing or CWP for short).
See also the SimpleFM FMServer Sample demo application which illustrates use of SimpleFM in an MVC Zend Framework application.
Easy to Integrate
- PSR-0 autoloading (Composer ready).
- Returns a PHP array. The result parser inside Soliant\SimpleFM\Adapter uses PHP5’s SimpleXML.
- Can be used on it’s own or with any service or middleware, such as Apigility or Stratigility.
- Easily see the underlying API command formatted as a URL for easy troubleshooting.
- Use the convenient errorToEnglish function to interpret FMS error codes.
Optional Zend Framework 2 Integration
- The Soliant\SimpleFM\ZF2 package provides excellent integration with Zend Framework.
- Full Zend\Authentication\Adapter implementation for robust authentication and session management.
- The included AbstractEntity makes it simple to implement Object serialization and de-serialization.
- The included AbstractGateway provides a foundation for completely encapsulating the FileMaker XML API.
Simplicity and Performance
SimpleFM, as the name implies, was written with simplicity and performance as its guiding principles. We have informally benchmarked it and obtained faster results for the same queries compared to the two most common CWP PHP alternatives.
SimpleFM, the examples and this documentation are tailored for PHP 5.3 and FileMaker Sever 12.
- PHP 5.5+
- FileMaker Server 12+
With minimum effort, SimpleFM should theoretically work with any version of FileMaker server that uses fmresultset.xml grammar, however, backward compatibility is not verified or maintained.
SimpleFM is free for commercial and non-commercial use, licensed under the business-friendly standard MIT license.